In collaboration with BostonSight, Weill Cornell Medicine is one of only 11 ophthalmology sites in the United States that offer PROSE (Prosthetic Replacement of the Ocular Surface Ecosystem). PROSE treatment restores vision in patients with complex corneal disease, enabling them to reclaim their lives. During PROSE treatment, physicians design, customize and fit prosthetic devices to replace or support damaged ocular functions by improving vision and reducing pain and light sensitivity. PROSE can be the ideal, and sometimes only, treatment capable of restoring vision and dramatically reducing symptoms including eye pain, severely dry eyes, blurry vision and light sensitivity.
Our PROSE specialists are internationally acclaimed, board-certified, fellowship-trained providers with extensive ophthalmic experience and documented academic excellence. We are proud to offer our patients the best possible medical care in a state-of-the-art facility with the most current technology available.
Our friendly staff is happy to assist you with any questions you may have regarding candidacy, billing, insurance or scheduling. It is our goal to make the approval and treatment process as easy as possible for our patients.
Benefits of PROSE Treatment
- Reduced symptoms and supported healing through restoration of a healthy ocular surface environment
- Reduction of blurred vision by masking surface corneal irregularities and transmitting a sharp image to the back of the eye(s)
- Damage prevention through corneal protection against the environment and eyelids
Together with our partners, we have successfully treated thousands of patients with conditions including:
- Stevens-Johnson syndrome.
- Chronic ocular Graft-Versus-Host Disease (GVHD).
- Dry eye syndrome.
- Sjögren's syndrome.
- Ocular trauma.
- LASIK (Laser-ASsisted In Situ Keratomileusis) complications.
- Corneal transplantation complications.
Visit BostonSight's complete list of conditions suitable for PROSE treatment for more information.